Pages

Monday, February 1, 2021

Dumpster Diver: Update 1

Another challenge? Well, yes. I blame Boolprop and its shiny medals. 😜 The forum is doing a Valentines Challenge for the February event, letting us choose which one we want to do from their Master Challenge List. In my case, I'm choosing the Dumpster Diving Challenge by MichelleCYoung because it's a fun little challenge and maybe I can finish it before the year month ends.

Here's the founder, Davin Intrash. His traits are slob, over emotional, loves the outdoors, gatherer and mooch, and he wants to live in the lap of luxury. 


I plopped him in 15 Summer Hill Court and reduced his funds to zero. I chose the legacy lot with the vague idea of doing some other challenge with him once this is over, but don't hold me on that because I have stories that I want to finish before starting a new long one.

His first dumpster diving, he seemed happy about it.


Davin worked until after sunset, used the gym facilities, like in the old days of a legacy, and was home before midnight.
In the background, Nick Alto is relaxing in a lounge chair, alone, inside a gym, at night. I think someone is evading his wife.


Davin's first haul was a very good one! We have all the objects for a bedroom.
I used moveobjects to place some of the loot, I don't think it's against the rules. The bugs and butterflies were sold to smelt the metal, I'm going to hold on the gem until I have a couple of them to consign.


The next day started with Davin learning to play the guitar, I'm doing it for the skills points but I decided he'll not be playing for tips. I want to see how much money I can earn with dumpster diving as the only source of money, selling metals and rock in the elixir shop included.


Before going to the dumpster, Davin went to the summer festival for a bathroom break and to fill his hunger bar by entering the eating contest which the game told me he's too hungry to participate. Gotta love sim logic.


Had to be content with an snow cone.
Davin: I don't know how much this is going to fill me.
Enough to carry on dumpster diving.


In the evening Davin did the same routine again, a gym stop before going home. The second day haul wasn't as good as the first, but all those small items are good for points.


The third day he changed the location, diving behind the diner. First Devin spent 12 simoleons on a meal.


The picnic basket served two purposes, eating and filling his social bar. Connor is avoiding sitting next to the smelly hobo. Said hobo will stay that way because I can't find the sense for him showering if in a few hours he'll be smelling again.


The third day brought a better loot, I sold one of the food processors and replaced the other TV with the new one.


 The fourth day was only a dumpster diving day. This time in the warehouse.


I name this haul "The Bookworm Dream", or a library. It has everything its needed: a couple of bookshelves, a lot of sitting options and plenty of light, with some decorations in the mix.


The next day, Davin went to elixir shop to cut some gems and consign them and the metals.



Davin: Girls, you know that nobody is cutting gems anymore, right?
Don't worry, Davin, it's just the way sims are.


I sent Davin to the theatre to play the guitar with the hope of meeting some sims, but people just passed by. 


Two points skill later and Davin wasn't lonely anymore.


Heavily pregnant Pauline hit on him and Davin flirted back. In front of everyone. Just don't, Davin.


Of course, having wasted time on other things made day 5 loot very pitiful.


To make up for the bad haul from the day before, on the sixth day Davin did nothing but search through the trash.
What a delicate way to stick your tongue out. 😛


Day 6 haul. I sold the bookshelf because it was worth 980 and we already have three of them.


In the last day of this week, Davin woke up sunburned, germy and smelly. My poor sim.
Davin: For some reason I think you are laughing.
Maybe, maybe not.


Miss pudding face laughed at him. Hey! I'm the only allowed to do that.
Davin: I can feel the love.


With so much dumpster diving this was going to happen.


I didn't know what trait to choose so I rolled for it. The game came up with:


Day 7 haul had a lot of sitting options, a new tv and a dishwasher. I sold the fortune cookie maker for 1900 simoleons, I wasn't going to miss that amount of money.


With end of the first week, I finish this chapter (and because I don't have more screenshots.)

The next update I'll start the house's building.

Items for the Dream House so far:
Bed
Table
Chair
Bookcase
Entertainment Device (TV)


2 comments:

  1. I love this challenge. Davin is doing really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a lot of fun with this challenge. Thank you for reading!

      Delete