Pages

Monday, February 8, 2021

Dumpster Diver: Update 3

 This week started with a new date between Davin and River.
Davin: Are you sure about this, Watcher?
Mmm no, not really, but you wished this so...


Davin: For this date, better to do things that don't involve eating at the bistro, I think the meals there where the problem the other night.
River: If you want to fool yourself like this, honey, I don't have a problem.


Something totally different from eating at night under candlelight was doing some shootouts.


Where River proceeded to kick his err butt repeatedly.


It doesn't matter what position she played in, she won against him every time.


Davin: This date isn't going like I wanted.


Let's try another game!




Hahahahaha! I mean, poor you, she beat you in everything. She's perfect for you, if you could, maybe, make a move.
Look at that face, that's could be the mother of your children face.


This time she accepted his attempts at flirting.


 And I thought Davin could advance to the next level with River, but no, her next interaction was this.



They ain't even eat ice cream together.



She's so zone friending him it's not funny. (Well, yes it's funny.)
Then they both autonomously entered the eating contest and when it was clear that Davin would be the winner, she left the competition.


Poor Davin celebrated all by himself while River ignored him.
Nancy: Are you sure of dating him, dear? I think he has some hoarding disorder, you know. I live next to him and there's a lot of objects stacked on one corner of his lot.
River: We are friend for now, but thanks for the head up.


Then she ended the date, perhaps on the advice of the older woman.


That's better than last time, maybe next date is the one! You know what they say, third time's the charm. Neither of them seemed to agree with me.


Well, Davin, you know what you have to do for the next couple of hours.
Davin: Not the way I intended to end the night.


Day 15 haul had another TV but not oven.


To make up for what little Davin dumpster dived the day before, the day 16 was solely for digging things out.


The only interesting thing to report is that River seems to be a difficult girl with any sim. I so want her as Davin's spouse, I like sims that have potential for drama.



This day loot brought a better bed, another TV, a lot of small items and two new things, the lounge chair and the perfumes decoration. 


Aren't you bothered living like this?
Davin: Of course not, you made me a slob.


Davin found ten types of gems in the dumpsters so we had unlocked the heart shape cut. We now can make more money, we need it to began building the second floor.


Day 17 haul wasn't so bad and the fortune cookie maker is always welcome to increase our funds.


 Davin was getting ready to go to bed when some strange noises made him go out to investigate.


I don't think it's a good idea, Davin.
Davin: Why? The lights are pretty.


I told you so.


He used the next morning to sleep in, since he went to bed late thanks to the abduction. Plus he didn't feel very well, something strange had happened in that spaceship that he couldn't remember.

Unfortunately, while he was sleeping, this popped up.


Miraj seems to have had better luck with River than Davin, seconds later another notification appeared.


This might have been worrisome for Davin, but upon waking up he had other issues to deal with.
Davin: I think I gained weight overnight, which is weird since I've mostly eaten salad.


The rest of the day was spent collecting items for his home. Day 18 haul:


If gaining weight overnight was weird, this beat it.
Davin: Watcher! There is a green light coming out of my belly! Do you know what it is?
Yes, but I'll let you figure it out alone. What I'm going to tell you is that the odds played against you.
Davin: What odds?


Now, go to work, soon we'll need to make a room for someone else, and for that we need money.
Davin: Who? River?
No, honey, not River. Just go to the dumpsters.
This was what Day 19 brought.


This was a very good haul. See the last gem? The green one? That's a tiberium! I sent Davin home to collect it and then to cut it at the elixir store. The cut only gave one gem dust but that's better that nothing. 


While Davin was in the store, another pop out about River and Miraj came out.


All that romance happened within two days, all the effort that I Davin put in for half a week was not enough. Not that Davin was really paying attention because the very next morning...


Davin: What's happening?!!!


Surprise! You have a son!
Davin: Ohhh so this what happened on the sheep.
Welcome little Grogu, he's brave and hates the outdoors, his favorites are epic music, frog legs and the pink color. I rolled his traits, I'm toying with the idea of continuing this with maybe a legacy or an isbi, I'm no so sure yet and don't think is going to be anytime soon.


I don't think having a baby is against the rules, they forbid to move in/marry other sims because of the money the can bring. And the challenge is ending, Grogu was born on the 20th day.
Being the only parent of Grogu had some consequences for Davin's life, he had to take the baby with him.


Davin: Just stay here, don't go running away.
I don't think he's at that stage yet.


If it weren't for him wrapped in a blue blanket, Grogu would be lost with the background. 
Since Davin was able to go to the dumpsters in the afternoon, Day 20 loot was not that big.


The last day of the challenge dawned with a great opportunity for money, the two tiberium cutes were properly enlarged.


Davin took care of Grogu's needs (and his) before going to the elixir store to consign the two spire cuts.


Then to the closest dumpster to dig out the last haul of this challenge.


While he was diving, both tiberium cuts were sold at 130,000 simoleons thus making Davin complete his lifetime wish of Living in the Lap of Luxury. I failed to capture the moment because I was playing at speed three but here's the notification.


Another thing that happened while Davin was desperately searching for a oven, was the attempt at kidnapping.
Davin: Hey! That's my son!
Ethan: Well, you left him here on the open, you know what they said if you find it you keep it.
I don't think that applies to babies.


Tori: What's happening here?
Ethan: We're debating if by finding something makes the finder the owner of it.
Davin: We aren't debating anything, this is my son not a gem you can collect.
Tori: Why does he smell so bad?
Ethan: I don't think it's the baby.
Luckily they both left after this and Davin was able to continue dumpster diving.


But... there's was a second attempt.


Deer: Irresponsible parents those days, if this were my kid I wouldn't leave him lying like that.
The deer was leaving when a thought came to it.
Deer: Am I doing the right thing by walking away from this situation?


Deer: Maybe I should take him with me and raise him as mine.
I think there is a problem with that.


Deer: But maybe it's not correct to do this.
Don't you say.
Deer: I'm still too young to be a mother.
Yes, because that's definitely the problem, not the fact that the sims in town will wonder what a deer is doing with a child.
Deer: I hope his father improves, just in case I'm going to watch them closely to see that nothing bad happens to the little one.
So Grogu had a guardian deer/fairy god-deer.


Luckily, Davin was able to finish his day before someone stole his son. Here's the last haul: No oven.


Someone came back before Davin could take Grogu home.
Davin: For the love of all the starships, Ethan! Leave my son alone.


Ethan listened in the end and the little family was able to return home. While they were in the taxi, Davin received a bit of news.


Davin: Well, that ship has sailed.
Indeed, sailed so good that both sims became invisible. The glitches you saved yourself from...
Davin arrived at his house with his son in arms, he stopped for a second to look at the great house that his efforts had built.


Maybe he didn't have a future spouse in sight but his life was pretty good at the moment.

__________________________________________________________________________

And... The end.

The score is in the next chapter, since I thought this was a good place to end the story.




No comments:

Post a Comment